Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Last Semester at TSU

Well, it took me long enough, BUT! I finally posted my latest paintings. These were all done my last semester at TSU. I'm toying around with an idea for a collection at the moment, but I have a lot of research to do. Anywho! The first was a figure/color study. She is nude, so if you are offended by the human figure, sorry. This is a watercolor I finished from a life drawing and I love the simplicity of it.





This diner scene is inspired by a bridal session I would love to do. I couldn't come up with a subject at the time and I was on fire about bridal portraiture, so I just painted an idea for a photo shoot I want to do.





My senior self portrait is probably my favorite painting, because I had so much fun while doing it! It didn't feel like work at all and it went by very quickly! I am especially proud of my hands! Hands are very difficult and I somehow managed to pull them off! It only took four years!


In the middle of the semester I had two grandmothers that passed away just a few days apart and I wanted to do something for my grandfather. It was his mother and his wife. This is his favorite picture of my Grandma Nel. It's her graduation picture from nursing school. I am very excited to see what he thinks!



This watercolor took only nine hours to complete and I am oh so proud of it. I have a hard time working with color and babies are very difficult, so I was excited to see how this one turned out. Oh, and by the way, this is my niece, McKenna!







That's about it, doesn't look like a lot, but it was probably the most productive semester I had at Tarleton. I found my direction and my style. I am SO looking forward to painting my first collection!

3 comments:

  1. You've turned out to be an excellent painter. Keep up the good work.

    RM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent paintings! Love them all and the one of Nel is really great. I can't wait to hear what Larry says about it.

    Good job, kiddo (as you father would say). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Kate. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

    ReplyDelete