Sunday, September 13, 2009

rain rain go away... I need sunlight in my studio!

graduation is quickly approaching.
research is due.
paintings to get done...

I must confess I have wasted the weekend. Restricted to the house by the cold rain, I have neglected my responsibilities to sit here in my fat pants watching two seasons of 'friends.' My portfolio will get finished in due time.

Worked forty-five minutes on my roper's hands... "his hands look fuzzy"... can't get the positioning defined. Chris Ireland planted a seed of doubt in my mind and now I can't bring myself to resolve the painting, because of those stupid "fuzzy" hands. I sometimes wish I didn't have to get advice from my professors. I feel great about my art and then they point out the obvious. IE: "his hands look fuzzy."

I am going insane.

Absolutely giddy at the thought of my cousin, Josh's, upcoming nuptuals. I get to shoot them! I've been in two weddings this year and have been restricted to Maid of honor duty. But not for this. No restrictive taffeta dress or numbing heels to wear. No make-up bags or shoes or phones or purses to carry for the bride. No toasts, no being confined to a room while everyone gathers and no standing at the altar, holding two bouquets. nope.... I just get to observe and document.

Aaaaaaahhhhh.......... my calling.

McKenna will be there. growing rapidly... and being cute as always... I'm sure I'll sneak more than a few shots of my perfect little niece. That's what this is all about: babies growing, people changing and unifying lives. Everything changes. There are only opportunities to get that perfect shot. The shot that will remind you of a time.... remind you of how you were in that moment.

But, I digress. I won't go chasing rabbits through the voids of my mind. That we will save for another day. For now, I'm going to log off and enjoy watching my husband sleeping in his favorite chair. His mind is at ease. There is no work to be done, no worries to think on. He's just laying there. Pumpkin at his side, looking up at Daddy occasionally from her nap to see if he's awake yet.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I just realized I've missed four or five weddings this summer. Everytime I turn around, someone I went to high school or college with it getting engaged, getting married, having kids...It's kinda cool, actually, except that it makes me feel like I need to grow up one of these days :P

    ReplyDelete