Tuesday, September 15, 2009

what i've been up to

So, the senior show is coming up quickly. I plan to have three more large, detailed pieces done by then. Let's hope I get finished in time, or there'll be 'H' to pay. I finally got all the pieces of my current portfolio photographed and uploaded. These won't all make it into the show, but these are the latest pieces.






'Waste'- watercolor
I did this in two days. After being photographed, I decided to touch up a few spots so it doesn't look washed out. So there's still work to be done.



'bridal sketch 1'- pencil
Don't believe this one will make it in the show. There probably won't be enough room. It's a big show this year, so I will be limited as to what I can display.
This piece is just an idea of mine for a photoshoot I would like to do. It only took a few hours to do, so I'm not too proud of it. I like the concept, but it's not 'art' to me.
My art professors weren't even surprised that I had strayed from my western theme.
They really liked this piece, so it surprised me.




"Baby, I've Been Thinkin"-clay sculpture

Photograph doesn't do this one justice. It looks like a bronze in natural light. I worked the entire semester on this in the Spring and I'm happy with how it turned out. I still need to find a piece of wood that I like and stain it, so I have something to display it on.

Most definately going in the show.

(Too many hours invested not to include this piece.)








"All Eyes on Me"- Acrylic

This one will be in the show. I had it displayed in a Fort Worth Gallery Night last semester during the student show at Tarleton and was unable to display it at the school. I feel the need to display it even though it's going to get some touch-ups beforehand.

I tend to frame things and when I really look at them, I can see the mistakes.



When we hang the senior show, I will be sure to post my entire displayed portfolio. There will be a few new pieces and I'm not sure if it's going to be a cohesive collection. Like I've said in the past, I'm juggling two different portfolios at once, so the challenge its tying them together.

Ta! ta! Off to paint now.

No comments:

Post a Comment